Let’s be honest, life is constant! It doesn’t matter if you have one child or five; work at home or at an office; send your kids to daycare/school or homeschool them. No matter how you spend your days, they are full! And one thing that makes a huge difference in how we fuel our bodies and brains to take on this fullness of life is advance meal planning and prep!
Today I have partnered with Hamilton Beach Canada to bring you a few recipes that are easy to prepare on a weekend or any day that you have a bit of time at home. From these dishes you can serve suppers in less 15 minutes after a busy day. And of course there are options for lunches too! I used these recipes several times throughout the past year which means they are kid approved and “busy mom” approved! And stay tuned for future posts with ideas for bringing the food you have prepped to life!
Food Processor Meal Prep
Creamy Cauliflower Soup/Pasta Sauce
- Wash and chop one head of cauliflower, 1 red onion, and 3-4 garlic cloves.
- Place them all on a baking stone and roast at 400 F for about 45 minutes.
- Once done, let them cool for a few minutes then pour them into your Hamilton Beach Food Processor and add 2 cups of cashew milk and 1-2 cups of cashews (depending on your preference for flavour and thickness).
- Blend on low for 1-2 minutes then on high until completely blended. Store in 1-2 cup portions for an easy lunch or supper soup or for use as a creamy sauce.
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup/Pasta Sauce
- Wash and shop 6-8 large tomatoes, 2 bell peppers, 1 sweet onion, and 2-3 garlic cloves. Place them all on a baking stone and roast at 400 F for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked add them all to your Hamilton Beach Food Processor along with 4-6 fresh basil leaves, 2-3 Tbsp. maple syrup, and 1/4 cup vegetable broth depending on your preferred thickness.
- Blend on low for 1-2 minutes then on high until completely blended. Store in 1-2 cup portions for an easy lunch or supper soup or for use as a veggie-packed pasta sauce.
Slow Cooker Meal Prep
Saturday morning Bean and Vegetables Stew:
Add all of the following ingredients to your Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
2 cans of no salt added diced tomatoes
1 can of no salt added chickpeas
1 can of no salt added black beans
1 can of no salt added kidney beans
1 can of no salt added white beans
4 zucchinis, diced
2 Chinese eggplants, diced
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup diced onions
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
Sunday morning pulled Pork: Place 4 pounds of pork tenderloin in your Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker with 1 cup of your favourite BBQ sauce and 1/2 cup of water. Cook on high for 2 hours and low for an additional 4-5 hours. Shred pork and store in 2-3 containers.
Sunday afternoon pulled Chicken: Place 3-4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs in your Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker with 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth and 1/2 cup of water. Cook on high for 2 hours and low for an additional 2 hours. Shred or dice chicken and store in 2-3 containers.
Cook several cups of rice and/or quinoa to have on hand for the week ahead or set everything up on a week day morning to allow for an easy “after work” option. You can even steam your veggies in the Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker at the same time!
In addition to the above prepared food, I recommend pre-cutting fresh veggies and salad greens, making a pot of your favourite pasta, shredding cheese, and having whole grain wraps and pizza crusts on hand. Then you can enter into the week confident that your fuel is going to be optimal and readily available!
Stay tuned here and at @motherhoodandmeals on instagram next week as I walk through the various ways these prepped dishes can be served. Until then, happy prepping!
This post is sponsored by Hamilton Beach Canada but all of the content and opinions are my own.