Santa Clause is coming to town and he will need snacks for his busy evening!
Do you have a plan for what you will serve? If not, then not to worry! I have the perfect recipe!
The Gingerbread Bites from my cookbook Super Foods for Super Kids are perfect for your kids to make kid and based on my trial last year – they are also Santa-approved!
Here’s the recipe….
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 cup fancy molasses
1/4 cup maple syrup
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt coconut oil and set it aside.
- Add ingredients, one at a time, to a mixing bowl starting with the wet ingredients, then the dry. Leave the flour to the end. I like to use my Hamilton Beach 7-Speed Stand Mixer for a really even batter.
- Roll the dough into even balls and place on a greased baking sheet or stone. Gently flatten each ball into a cookie shape .
- Bake the bites in your oven at for 12 to 15 minutes. I like to use my Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven because my kids can be more involved than they can be with a larger oven.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Enjoy!
1 thought on “Gingerbread Bites”