Eggs are great for any meal of the day or even hard boiled as a snack. Egg whites are a great source of inexpensive protein and egg yolks provide important nutrients, such as biotin, iron and vitamin A! I made a delicious egg and veggie scramble for lunch last week and I just have to share it with you!
This recipe is quick (less than 10 minutes) and easy (only one pan needed), packed with nutrition, and can be used for any meal of the day! This recipe will serve a family of 4-6. Feel free to make one that is larger or smaller based on your families needs.
2-3 Tbsp. milk of your choice (optional)
1-2 cup(s) diced veggies (I used diced peppers, red onions, zucchini, and mushrooms)
¼ – ½ cup shredded cheese or crumbled feta cheese
1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
¼ cup bruschetta mix (or salsa)
- In a medium fry pan, sauté all veggies on medium heat using the grapeseed oil for moisture.
- While they are cooking, mix eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl and then add on top of the vegetables.
- Let this cook for a few minutes then start to stir to ensure that egg does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir as needed until the veggies are soft and the eggs are all cooked.
- Stir in cheese and bruchetta topping (or salsa).
- Dice an avocado and put it on top just before serving. You want to warm the avocado slightly, but not let it go brown.
- Now you are ready to serve!
- If you have chosen to use feta cheese, you may also want to add black olives in for extra colour, flavor, and healthy fats!
- There are many options for serving this dish. It can be in a bowl, in a wrap, on or with toast, or whatever way you prefer. Here is mine, my husband’s and one of my boys plates.
Until next time….stay healthy!