We taste first with our eyes. That is why variety in colour, texture, and overall presentation makes such a difference when we look at food on a plate. But in the fast pace of life, its impossible to create restaurant-style recipes! Or is it?
Cue the Air Fryer!
For the past year I have grown to LOVE using my Hamilton Beach Air Fryer for a variety of dishes that would take too long in the oven. Most recently I started using my Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven and Air Fryer as well. I love that I with both of these small appliances I can create the most incredible recipes that are not only beautiful to look at and packed with flavour and nutrition, but also very easy to make.
Today I wanted to share a side dish that is beautifully festive and a great source of healthy boosting nutrients including beta carotene, fotate, and vitamin C. I made it using the Air Fryer mode on my Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven. But you could also prepare it any of the other Hamilton Beach Air Fryers.
Air Fried Root Veggies
2 Garlic cloves
1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. Avocado oil
2 tsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Fresh thyme or 1 tsp. Dried thyme
- Wash, peel, and thinly slice the beets, carrots, and parsnips. Place all vegetables into a bowl together.
- Peel and mince the garlic and add it to the bowl of vegetables.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the lemon juice, oil, honey, and thyme. Then pour it over the vegetables.
- Place the air fryer basket over the cooking sheet that comes with your Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven and Air Fryer. Then pour the veggies into the basket. The pan will catch any liquid that runs out.
- Place the pan and basket into the toaster oven together and close the easy reach lid.
- Turn the toaster oven to air fryer mode and the timer on for 25 minutes (or 30 minutes if your vegetables are cut in thicker pieces). Once the vegetables are cooked to your liking, carefully remove the tray from the toaster oven using oven mitts.
- Serve with a variety of sides for your family holiday meal or with your favourite protein and leafy greens any day of the year!
Meal Planning Tip: Make extra and enjoy cold or warm as a colourful salad topper for lunch the following day. They are also great on a pizza, tossed with quinoa, or sautéed with cauliflower rice.