Being home for holidays means more time than ever to create festive eats and special memories with your little ones. Here is a round up of 10 fun snacks, desserts, and sides that you can make with your little ones this week. Some recipes are below and some you can find by clicking on the recipe title. Hope you enjoy! Happy Holidays!
Festive Snack Ideas
Apple Christmas Tree
This is festive tree is packed with nutrition, flavour, and fun!
1 green apple
2-3 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
3-4 Tbsp. of your favourite nut or seed butter
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. Slice apple and place in shape of a tree as shown.
2. Place nut/seed butter at the base layered until it looks like a tree trunk.
3. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds onto the apple pieces.
4. Sprinkle coconut over everything as “snow”. And enjoy!
Note: Additional dried fruit, nuts, and seeds can be added as “ornaments” too!
Peppermint Chocolate Energy Bites
These festive energy taste incredible and are packed with high quality protein, iron, and omega 3 fatty acids. I love to serve them in the shape of a Christmas Tree! 😉
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup pitted dates
3/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
1 scoop Profi Peppermint Chocolate Protein Powder
1) Add the cashews, pitted dates, hemp hearts, honey, and chocolate chips to your food processor and blend in low for 1-2 minutes.
2) Add oats in and blend on high for an addition 2-3 minutes or until ingredients are blended well.
3) Shape blended batter into balls and serve!
For a festive twist, serve in the shape of a Christmas tree and add shredded coconut as “snow”.
I love how the Profi Peppermint Chocolate Protein Powder adds such an incredible festive flavour while also offering a source of complete protein and a source of iron! This flavour is also amazing to use in a festive smoothie or brownie recipe!
Sometimes its all in the name…these Strawberry Muffins are a great summer time snack, but also perfect for the holidays if you pop “Santa” in the name!
And here are a few meal and snack ideas that have fun festive colour!
Looking for more ideas? My friend Heather has an incredible blog with amazing recipes that you can create with your kids. Some of my faves are these Holiday Bagels, Grinch Green Muffins, Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies and Gingerbread Muffins. Explore her site to find more!