This week I have the opportunity to be a guest for the #instaweanteam. Each week this group of amazing mamas has a theme and offers fun recipes to go with that theme. This week, the theme was 20 minute meals. I had a hard time deciding as many of my go-to meals are quite quick. On Wednesday evening I walked in the door at 4:35 pm, started making this supper at 4:40 pm and by 5 pm everyone was eating and loved every bite. I snapped a few photos and decided that this was the meal to post! I hope that you and your family enjoy it as much as we did.
Open Face Pork Souvlaki
1-2 red onions
1 cup mushrooms
Grapeseed or avocado oil
Pork tenderloin (enough to feed your family)
2-3 Egg whites (beaten in a bowl)
1/2 cup Bread crumbs (you can purchase these plain or with herbs…I like the plain to reduce salt then add a few shakes of my own herbs)
Optional: Salad greens/tomato/avocado
1) Slice the onion and mushrooms and put into a fry pan.
2) Slice the peppers and put into a second fry pan.
3) Drizzle both with grapeseed oil or avocado oil and cook at medium to medium high heat stirring as able. They will be cooked through in about 8-10 minutes.
4) While these are cooking slice pork tenderloin into 1/2″ pieces. Dip into egg whites and then bread crumbs and place in a third fry pan on medium to medium high heat. Cook for 5 minutes then flip. Cook for an addition 3-5 minutes, (Meat should be to an internal temp of 165 degrees.)
5) Once meat and veggies are done place them on a plate side by side or with the veggies on top of the meat. Add a slice or two of Naan bread and a dolup of Tzatziki and you have a wonderful healthy meal the whole family will love in less than 20 minutes.
Serving suggestions: You can serve this as a plated meal with a side salad of mixed greens with tomato and avocado OR you can make a salad and put the meat and veggies on top with some extra olives/tomato/etc. OR for children, you may want to dice everything up as children love dipping finger foods.
Here are a few photos of plating options.
Until next time….stay healthy!