My kids LOVE peanut butter and banana….lets be honest, I do too. Anyone with me? I thought it would be fun to take this old favourite and make a fun and healthy twist on it for breakfast today. We all loved it so I had to share! It is packed with protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates as well as amazing flavor!
1 thin flat bread or pizza crust (preferably whole wheat but can be white if that is all you can find)
1 cup natural peanut or almond butter
1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Shelled Hemp Hearts
1/4 cup PB2
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup raisins
1 Tbsp. Manitoba Harvest Shelled Hemp Hearts (for sprinkling)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F and put flat bread in for 8-10 minutes (or until it is warmed through).
- While your flat bread is heating, mix together peanut butter, hemp hearts, PB2, and honey.
- Microwave your mixture for 45-60 seconds to soften it and stir again.
- Once your flat bread and mixture are both warmed, pour the peanut butter mixture onto the flat bread and spread it out.
- Slice the banana(s) and place on top of peanut butter mixture (as pictured below).
- Sprinkle raisins and hemp hearts on top.
- Cut and serve!
- If you would like your mixture thicker, you can add in 1/4 cup of Baby Brain Organics or oatbran.
- If you would like some crunch to your pizza, you could mix in small pieces of almonds or walnuts, or All Bran buds with Psyllium.
- You could also replace the bananas with apples, or use both fruits.
Hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did!
Until next time….stay healthy!
2 thoughts on “Breakfast Pizza”