I grew up eating traditional pizza, but for years now I have not enjoyed it. Don’t get me wrong, I like pizza…but I like it dressed up in new ways. I love BBQ chicken pizza with roasted broccoli and red onion. I love Mediterranean pizza topped with grapeseed oil, garlic cloves, arugula or spinach, sundried tomatoes, and black olives. And one of my all time favourites is this Mango Curry Chicken Pizza packed with flavor and nutrition your whole family will love!
1 Whole wheat pizza crust
1-2 chicken breasts (cubed or sliced)
1 cup Pizza sauce or Tomato sauce
3-4Tbsp. Tandoori curry paste (or 3-4 Tbsp. avocado oil mixed with 2-3 Tbsp. of red curry powder…I like the one from Chicago Spice House)
1 Tbsp. Honey or Agave
1-2 tsp. Pureed garlic
1 Red pepper (sliced)
1 Mango (sliced)
½-3/4 cup old cheddar cheese (shredded) OR Daiya dairy free cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix together tomato sauce and tandoori curry paste (or oil and curry mixture). Spread this over pizza.
- In a non-stick fry pan, cook chicken breasts in water until no longer pink inside.
- Drain excess water, and then add the garlic, remaining curry paste and honey or agave. Mix together and cook until warmed through.
- Spread over pizza, cover with diced red peppers and pieces of mango. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese (preferably low fat) or Daiya dairy free cheese.
- Heat in oven until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through. I find 15-20 minutes works well.
I like to serve this with a fresh arugula salad topped with diced green apple, halves red grapes, almonds, and a honey mustard dressing but you could pair it with any salad or just cut up fresh veggies.
Until next time….stay healthy!