One of the most common requests I receive from clients is help with the morning rush. I am often asked for quick and easy options that will nourish the whole family quickly as everyone rushes out the door. So that is exactly what I have for you! I have partnered with Hamilton Beach Canada to bring you 5 delicious and nutritious breakfast options that are sure to fuel you and your crew for day.
- Breakfast Sandwich: These sandwiches look and tastes gourmet, but literally take less than 10 minutes to make. All you need per sandwich is a whole grain English muffin, an egg, and your choice of cheese, meat, and/or leafy greens. The Hamilton Beach Canada Breakfast Sandwich Maker times things perfectly for a restaurant quality sandwich every time!
- Smoothies: For days when you need a breakfast on-the-go, the Hamilton Beach Canada Personal Creations Blender is incredible! You can blend your choice of milk with your favourite fruits and vegetables and be on your way. The addition of oats, hemp hearts, and chia seeds are always great too for extra nutrient density. Here are two of my favourite combinations:
- 1 cup coconut milk, ½ cup frozen cauliflower rice, ½ cup frozen blueberries, and 1/2 to 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder. Blend and go!
- 1 cup coconut milk, ½ cup fresh or frozen kale, ½ cup fresh or frozen pineapple, 2 dates, and 2 Tbsp. hemp hearts. Blend and go!
And if you want something to enjoy with your smoothie, you can make a whole grain waffle sandwich! Just place a few whole grain waffles into the Hamilton Beach Canada Easy Reach Toaster Oven, spread on a little almond butter in between them, and be on your way. (PS The Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven holds SIX freezer waffles or pieces of toast….its AMAZING!)
- Latte Oatmeal with Chia Seeds and Sliced Banana: You can find the inspiration for this recipe in the Make It with HB episode that I was in with Miranda Milisani. This is a creamy twist on the coffee oatmeal Miranda made. Here are the instructions to make a bowl: Make 125 mL of coffee in the Hamilton Beach Flex Brew. Add 125 mL of coconut milk, ½ tsp. of vanilla extract, and ½ tsp. cinnamon. Pour this over ½ cup rolled oats and stir together until it thickens. Add chia seeds, sliced banana, and any additional oatmeal toppings you love.
- Eggs with Whole Grain Toast and Sliced Apple: The Hamilton Beach Canada Egg Cooker makes me feel like I could run a breakfast restaurant! With this amazing small appliance, you can make perfectly cooked hard-boiled or poached eggs really easily. There isn’t a mess of big pots and pans and it knows the right amount of time the eggs need to cook so no guess work on your part! I truly can’t imagine life without this in our kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Energy Bars: These are great to make on the weekend and have on hand for an easy breakfast option. They also work really well for a mid-afternoon snack! Here is the full recipe.
1 tsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp. pumpkin seed butter
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup quinoa (dry)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup pumpkin deeds
1/3 cup shredded coconut
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Line the bottom of your Hamilton Beach Canada slow cooker with parchment paper. Do this by tracing the shape of the slow cooker onto parchment, cutting it out and placing it into the bottom of the slow cooker. Brush the parchment with coconut oil.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the tahini and maple syrup. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add in the coconut milk, cinnamon and salt. Continue to whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in the eggs until combined, then stir in quinoa, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, coconut, and chia seeds.
- Pour the mixture into your Hamilton Beach Canada slow cooker and cook on low setting for 3.5 hours.
- Run a knife around the outside perimeter of the slow cooker bowl. Using pot-holders, carefully turn the bowl over onto a large plate to release the bars. Place plate into the refrigerator to cool completely before cutting into individual bars. Pack them up in parchment paper or your favourite reusable bag and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Hamilton Beach Canada, but all recipes, photos, and enthusiasm come from me!