This is one of our family’s favorite chicken recipes. It Is great for all year around, but especially Valentine’s Day and Christmastime! And I recommend making extra as it is great as leftovers!
Ingredients (serves 4-6 people)
4-6 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2-3 cups of Bruschetta
1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Chop chicken breasts into bite size pieces and place into baking dish.
- Pour bruchetta mixture over the chicken pieces ensuring that you cover the chicken well.
- Cover the chicken with foil and bake in the oven at 375 for 25-30 minutes. At that time, remove the foil and add crumbled feta on top. Then put the dish back into the oven (uncovered) for another 10-15 minutes.
NOTE: Ensure that the chicken is cooked through before removing from the oven to eat. All ovens are different and timing may vary. If you are using larger pieces of chicken, your cooking time may be longer.
- Serve with steamed vegetable and starch (quinoa, couscous, whole grain pasta, roasted potatoes, rice, etc.)
- Serve with lots of roasted veggies.
- Serve on a salad with Naan bread or pita on the side.
- Serve hot or cold on top of warmed flat bread or small pizza crusts and add extra feta if you like. Serve this with cut up veggies or a salad.