Here is a super simple recipe that I created recently with my kids. It is packed with nutrition, especially omega 3 fatty acids, which are essential fats (meaning the body cannot make them) and are super important for brain development. The other thing I love about them is that kids can easily help and they don’t take long so their attention is easy to keep for the whole process.
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup mashed banana (2 large or 3 small)
1/3 cup Baby Brain Organics
2 Tbsp. Natural Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
1 Tbsp. Honey
1. Mix oats and Baby Brain Organics together in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the mashed bananas, peanut butter, and honey.
3. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir together.
4. Spoon the mixture into a mini muffin pan or onto a cookie stone. The coolest part of this stage is that your kids can lick the spoon and bowl since there are no raw ingredients!!!
5. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.
The recipe makes about 12 and if your kids are like mine, they won’t last long. And to be honest, I had a few myself too (don’t tell them). In case they do last more than 2 days in your house, you will want to refrigerate them after 2 days. They don’t have preservatives so they won’t stay fresh very long on the counter.
Hope me you and your minis enjoy!
Until next time….stay healthy!