Well the weekend is coming to an end and I am feeling ready for the week ahead. It is going to be a busy one so I have planned ahead as best possible. Meal plan is set for lunches and suppers, groceries have been purchased and put away, school bags are packed, lunches are made for tomorrow, and the kids clothes are laid out for the next two days. No matter how organized I am, there is always a chance of a curve ball…but I will hope for the best 😉
Before I head to bed, I wanted to share one of my favourite breakfasts. Perhaps you want to try it to kick off the week!
Egg White and Banana Scramble
½ cup Simply Egg White (or 4 egg whites)
1 banana, sliced
1 tsp. cinnamon
1-2 Tbsp. natural almond or peanut butter and/or ground walnuts or almonds
2 Tbsp. oats
- Whisk egg whites, cinnamon, and oats in a bowl and then pour it into a fry pan.
- Cook over medium heat until egg whites are cooked through.
- Slice a banana and add this to the pan and stir until the banana is warmed through.
- Add nuts or nut butter on top if desired. If using nut butter, let it sit and melt for a few minutes. If using nuts, then you can serve immediately.
Mix all ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 2-3 minutes until egg whites are cooked through.
- Eat as is…yum!
- Serve in a whole grain wrap or on whole grain toast…adding long acting carbohydrates.
Whether you are feeling prepared for the week ahead or just treading water day to day (I totally have those Sunday nights too!!!), I hope you have a blessed week!
Until next time….stay healthy!