I had a few girlfriends over for Thai food last weekend and it reminded me how much I LOVE peanut sauce. I also realized that since my kids love peanut butter they would likely love any dish made with it. So I decided to work on a recipe this week for a “kid friendly” (aka not too spicy) Peanut Chicken. So for any of my readers who do not have a peanut allergy in your home…I hope that you enjoy it too!
6 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts
2/3 cup peanut butter (this can be crunchy or smooth)
3 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 Tbsp. avocado oil (or for a coconut flavor addition, you can use coconut oil here)
1 tsp. pureed garlic
1 tsp. curry powder
- Slice or dice chicken breasts and place into a baking dish.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Add sauce to chicken. You may wish to add water at this time to thin it out as well.
- Bake at 375 Degrees F for about 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. The smaller the pieces, the faster the chicken will cook.
Variations and Serving Suggestions:
- Diced up peppers, onion, mushrooms, and other veggies could also be added into the chicken dish while it cooks.
- This could be served over rice or rice noodles with stir fried or steamed veggies.
- This could be served with flat bread and a large salad.
- This could be served with potatoes or sweet potatoes and your choice of vegetable.
- Make a lunch for the next day with any leftovers.
As always, feel free to add a twist that will make it perfect for your family.
Until next time….stay healthy!