With a house full of hungry boys, we go through a lot of bread. This fall I decided it was time to start making our own. After reviewing several bread makers, I chose the new Hamilton Beach Premium Dough and Bread Maker.
Why I Chose the HB Premium Dough and Bread Maker…
Here are the features that drew me in:
1) the stainless steel finish which makes it inviting to leave on the counter;
2) the special “automatic fruit and nut dispenser” which holds nuts, seeds, and dried fruits so they can released at the perfect time during the mixing process; and
3) the 14 different cycle settings which allows for various types of breads to be baked perfectly each time.
I have had a fun time experimenting with recipes over the past few months creating everything from simple multigrain and gluten-free recipes to heartier options loaded with the goodness of dried fruit, nuts, and seeds.
One of our family’s favourites is this Pumpkin Seed and Date Bread. It is packed with whole grains, complete protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals making it an amazing addition to any meal or snack. And just like every loaf I have made in our Hamilton Beach Premium Dough and Bread Maker, it is incredible moist on the inside and perfectly crusty on the outside. Okay, now that you are running to make your own…here is the recipe!
Here is the recipe:
Pumpkin Seed and Date Bread
Ingredients (for 1.5 lb loaf size)
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 Tbsp. avocado oil or canola oil
3.5 cups MultiGrain Blend Bread Flour
2 tsp. bread machine yeast
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Place all ingredients except pumpkin seeds into the bread maker in the order they are listed. Before pouring the yeast in make a small hole in the centre of the flour and pour it into the hole.
- Pour pumpkin seeds into the “mix-in dispenser”.
- Choose the following settings: “sweet cycle” for bread type, “1.5 pound” for loaf size, and “light” for crust colour.
- Press “START”.
- When the bread maker is done, carefully remove the loaf and enjoy!
1 thought on “Pumpkin Seed and Date Bread”