I think its safe to say that tacos make Tuesdays the best day of the week! The options for fillings are endless and who doesn’t love a dish that served with the option of adding cheese and avocado?! YUM! I have shared several taco recipes over the past few years, but this one is unique from the others as it is 100% plant based. It is also super quick to make and a fun one to get the kids involved in preparing. Here is the recipe:
Makes 8 tacos
2 cups cubed firm tofu
1 small (or 1/2 large) head of cauliflower
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 red pepper
3 Tbsp. avocado oil
1/3 cup taco seasoning
8 hard or soft taco shells
Optional toppings: diced tomatoes and shredded cheese
- Wash cauliflower, bell pepper, and cabbage. Cut cauliflower into very small florets. Cut red pepper into thin slices. Remove outer leaves of the cabbage and shred it until you have 2 cups of shredded cabbage.
- Place the cubed tofu and cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Toss them gently in the avocado oil and taco seasoning.
- Pour the seasoned tofu and cauliflower into your Hamilton Beach Digital Air Fryer.
- Set it to the vegetable setting and choose 375F for 14 minutes.
- While the filling is cooking, peel and mash the avocado. Then spread a thin layer in the bottom of each taco shell. Layer on the shredded cabbage and peppers.
- Then when the tofu and cauliflower are done, spoon a portion into each taco, and top with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
I love how the Hamilton Beach Digital Air Fryer has settings to cook ingredients to perfection! For this recipe I used the Vegetable setting. But there is also one for fries of any kind (potato, sweet potato, carrot, beet, and more); fish, poultry, meat, and even baked goods! In addition to the settings you can set your own temp and time. One of my favourites so far that I set my own temp/time for was falafels….just SO good!
If you have any questions about this or other Hamilton Beach Canada products, let me know in the comments below or DM on Instagram.
This post was created in partnership with Hamilton Beach Canada, but as always, the content, recipe, photos, opinions, and love for the product are all my own.