Its Pancake Tuesday which means two things:
- Supper prep is EASY!
- Kids are going to LOVE what you serve.
Now that is a win-win as a mama!
If you are looking for a new idea for tonight, I have you covered! When served together, these two recipes from are packed with the goodness of whole grains, veggies, fruit, healthy fats, and protein. And don’t forget to have your kids help make them!
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 cup milk of your choice
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or alternate fruit/veggie puree
¼ cup hemp hearts
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until evenly blended.
- Pour 1/3 cup portions of batter into electric or stove top fry pan on medium heat and cook on each side for 3-5 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite pancake toppings such as yogurt, fruit, granola, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, and/or nut butter.
Peaches and Cream Smoothie
3 cups milk
1 cup frozen peaches
½ cup frozen cauliflower rice
1 cup vanilla or peach Greek yogurt
3 dates with the pit removed
2-3 ice cubes
- Blend ingredients. Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend on high for 2 minutes, or until all ingredients are blended together.
- Pour into cups and enjoy!
For more veggie-packed kid-friendly recipes that your littles ones can help prepare, check out my cookbook Super Foods for Super Kids!