Looking for an afternoon snack with a twist that takes it from boring to fun?
It’s all about three steps from my experience:
- Give it a cool name.
- Get your kids involved in making it.
- Make the presentation fun.
That is exactly how these “Apple Nachos” came to be a favourite in our home. It was one of the first recipes I knew needed to be in Super Foods for Super Kids because it is great for kids to help prepare and has familiar foods served in a new way.
If you haven’t had the chance to buy my book yet, you are in luck because you can find the recipe here today! Here it is…
Awesome Apple Nachos
Ingredients to Have:
¾ cup plain or vanilla yogurt (this can be regular or dairy free)
¼ cup honey or maple syrup (note: please do not use honey if you are serving this to children under the age of 1)
½ cup sliced almonds (you can replace these with any age-appropriate nut or seed for variety or to accommodate an allergy)
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Make the sauce. Mix yogurt and honey/syrup together and set aside.
- Slice the apples. Slice apples into several pieces and arrange on a platter in a thin layer.
- Make the nachos. Drizzle yogurt mixture over top, then top with sliced almonds and cinnamon.