As we head into fall and winter, I start to turn to the BBQ less and the crock pot more. Anyone with me? Here are two super easy crock pot meals that my family enjoys. Not only are they easy on the day of, but they also provide wonderful leftovers for days to come! #winwin
Pulled Mango Chicken
16 boneless, skin less organic (or antibiotic and hormone free) chicken thighs
1 cup The Keg Mango Sesame Dressing (available at Costco)
1 mango diced
2 sweet onions diced (optional)
Put all ingredients into the crock pot. Set crock pot on high for 1-2 hours and the low for an additional 4-6 hours. Pull/Shred the chicken apart and serve.
Set crock pot to 2
Pulled BBQ Pork
4-5 pieces of pork tenderloin, left whole or cut into large chunks
1 cup apple or pineapple juice
1 cup CattleBoyz BBQ sauce
1 red onion, diced
2 red peppers and 2 orange peppers, diced
Place all ingredients into the crock pot and set on high for 2 hours and then low for an additional 6-10 hours. Shred pork and serve.
- Serve with a Greek salad, naan bread, and tzaziki.
- Serve in a whole grain wrap with cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, and diced avocado.
- Serve with roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and broccoli.
- Serve with rice and corn on the cob.
- Serve with spinach salad, sautéed mushrooms, and roasted beets.
Hope this provides you with some quick and easy meals this fall that the whole family can enjoy!
Until next time, stay healthy!