When your three year old suggests making peanut butter cookies you can’t say no. But if you are like me, you try to think of a way to make them a little bit healthier than your gramma’s old fashioned recipe. 😉
From that exact scenario this recipe was born. And if you have a peanut allergy in your family then Almond Butter would work or if want to send these as a treat in your child’s lunch then WowButter or SunButter would be just great too!
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup melted Garden of Life coconut oil
1/3 cup Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1) Mix together peanut butter, coconut oil, eggs, hemp hearts, coconut sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
2) Once this is a smooth mixture stir in baking powder and whole wheat flour.
3) Take 2 Tbsp. portions and roll into a ball then flatten the dough down a bit onto a baking stone or sheet
4) Bake in 375 degree F oven for 18-20 minutes.
5) Once cooled, serve with a glass of choice of milk or yogurt and a sliced banana.
Note: Because these cookies have hemp hearts in them they should be stored in the fridge or freezer. And trust me that this is a good thing. If these little goodies sit out on the counter they are WAY to tempting to overeat.
Hope your family enjoys these as much as ours!
Until next time…stay healthy!