Do you make one pan meals in your home? I love how quick and easy they are to make AND there is only one pan to clean up!
This White Fish and Root Vegetable recipe is the perfect option when healthy and quick are both at the top of your priority list! Even on a busy week night you can walk in the door and quickly serve a meal full of protein, iron, beta carotene, vitamin C, and more on the table.
Here is the recipe:
4-6 pieces of your favourite white fish (ie. perch, tilapia, or halibut)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup Cedar Valley Selections Fatoosh dressing
3/4 cup bread crumbs (or crushed crackers)
1 sweet potato
3 large carrots
1 yellow pepper
Instructions (also see step by step photos below)
- Wash, peel, and dice the sweet potato, beets, and carrots. Wash, core, and dice the yellow pepper. Place all vegetables on a baking stone leaving room in the centre or at one end for the fish.
- Place four small plates on the counter. Add the flour to one, the remainder of the Cedar Valley Selections dressing on another, bread crumbs on the third and fish on the fourth.
- Pick up a piece of fish and coat it in flour, then dressing, and then breadcrumbs and place it on the stone. Repeat this with each piece of fish.
- Cut a few lemon slices and place them on top to keep moisture in the fish.
- Drizzle Cedar Valley Selections Fatoosh dressing on top of the vegetables.
- Bake at 425 F for about 25-30 minutes or until fish is coked through and vegetables have softened to your liking.
- Serve with salad greens or inside a large piece of kale to make a Kale Fish Taco.
Timesaver tip: To save time after a bust day at work try peeling and dicing the vegetables ahead of time and storing in a container in the fridge.
This post is sponsored by CV Selections. The recipe and content are by me.