With “the big game” coming up this weekend, I thought it would be a perfect time to share one of my favourite recipes with you that is a healthy twist on a traditional favourite. And let me assure you that there is no sacrifice on flavour. These nachos are a crowd pleaser for all ages!!! Here is the recipe.
4-5 red potatoes
1 lb extra lean ground beef, chicken, or veggie ground round
2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
2 Peppers, diced
1 large Tomato, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 tbsp. nacho seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese
- Wash all produce before cooking.
- Thinly slice red potatoes and place on baking stone. Roast at 400 F for 25-30 minutes (until slices are cooked and crispy).
- While potatoes are roasting, cook your choice of protein on the stove top. Once cooked, add the BBQ sauce and stir well.
- Dice the veggies and mix them together with nacho seasoning.
- Once potatoes are cooked, cover them with ground meat (or alternate protein), veggies, and cheese. Place back into oven at 400 F for 10 minutes to warm veggies and melt cheese.
- Let cool and serve!
And if you are looking for another dish to pair it with for the big game, this White Chicken Chili would be the perfect match!