I love thinking about what to make for Super Bowl Sunday! I have pulled together my top 10 suggestions for you to consider for this year. I chose recipes that offer a healthy twist traditional favourites with no sacrifice on flavour! Whether you love the game or just show up for the commercials, you are bound to get excited about all of these eats!
Okay, here we go…
These Sweet Pepper Boats are sure to be crowd pleasers. Or if you are keeping this simple with a veggie platter, try this delicious Bell Pepper Quinoa Dip! Or perhaps you want to try these Mini Portobello Pizzas!
Okay, now its time to get into a few heartier, but still healthy, recipes.
- Irish Nachos. I love this fun and heart-healthy twist on traditional nachos. It is actually a recipe that my boys love so much that I make it year around. But you will definitely find it on our table this Sunday along with this fresh guacamole to dip them in!
- Chicken and White Bean Chili. I love that this crowd pleaser can be made ahead of time and re-heated before the big game. It pairs well with the nachos above or crusty bread.
- Tacos/Fajitas. You can’t go wrong with any version of tacos or fajitas! Maybe you want to serve the more traditional Beef/Chicken or spice things up a little with Sweet Chili Shrimp Tacos. Looking for a vegan option? Try these Tofu Cauliflower Tacos.
- Do you want to serve pizza that will wow your guests?? Try this Tandoori Curry Chicken Pizza and they will be talking about it for days after the the game excitement is over! Another amazing option is to make my Feta Bruschetta Chicken recipes and serve it on a pizza crust!
- A new recipe I am going to try this year along with the nachos is from my friend Leigh Ann over at My Diary of Us. These Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps look AMAZING!!! I plan to make a batch of her Buffalo Cauliflower for a vegetarian option too.
Whatever you make, I hope you have an incredible evening with family and friends. Because, while the food is tasty and fun and the game is entertaining, events like this are really about connecting and making memories with those we love!
Happy Super Bowl friends!